TL80 Compact Wheel Loader
The Schaeff TL80 wheel loader is great in tight spaces. Articulated steering offers manoeuvrability, with its 40° steering angle. Your bucket can approach loads in a straight line, even when the machine’s on full lock, giving you tight-space flexibility. There’s stability too. An oscillating rear axle ensures all four wheels are always in contact with the ground. And only the rear axle oscillates – so the weight of the machine is always moving in the same direction as the bucket.
Schaeff has a worldwide reputation for compactness in every class. The TL80 continues that tradition. It’s just 2,640 mm high, 1,740 mm wide and 5,060 mm long. The bucket has turning radius of only 4,160 mm. These compact dimensions make the TL80 an ideal wheel loader for tight urban sites. They also make life easier when driving to the next job.
The TL80 delivers real stability, with four wheels that always point in the same direction. That means no damage to lawns or pavements. There’s also a short turning radius for less wear on the tyres. And in built-up locations or tight construction sites, articulated steering offers great manoeuvrability, with a 40° steering angle. This also enables the bucket to approach loads head on, even at full lock – great for picking up pallets or setting down loads in small spaces.
OSCILLATING REAR AXLE
Whatever the terrain, all four wheels are always touching the ground, thanks to the oscillating rear axle with its wide slewing angle of 10°. For added stability, the operator also sits parallel to the work attachment at all times. Unlike with other manufacturers, only the rear axle oscillates. That means the weight of the machine is always moving in the same direction as the bucket – another stability feature. In turn, this increases the pressure on the ground when backing up.
Always wanted to lift loads quickly and precisely without having to constantly adjust the loading angle? With our parallel kinematics system, you can do that. The kinematics system takes care of the stroke angle, leaving you free to focus on precisely where you want to set down the load. This system optimises work cycles when loading and unloading the second row on a truck, ensuring the tilt-control lever doesn’t collide with the body of the truck.
While it’s a highly environmentally friendly engine, Yanmar’s 4TNV98C four-cylinder turbocharged diesel also offers no scheduled maintenance on its DPF for 6,000 hours, tough and reliable power, and best-in-class fuel consumption. The engine is EU Stage V-ready and is the cleanest in its category, with cooled EGR and DPF as standard. Direct injection and common-rail technology maximise the engine’s performance.
You’ll be familiar with the tiled look of smartphones. So getting to grips with the Schaeff Smart Control operating system for compact wheel loaders will be easy. With Smart Control, it’s easy to precisely set up the machine for individual drivers and applications and it recalls individual-user settings. The 3.5-inch display shows machinery and engine data, while the windscreen, which domes inwards, minimises the mirror effect. There’s even a keypad with extra-large keys for easy operation.
At Schaeff, we build everything around human beings and that’s no different with the TL80 cabin, designed with driver comfort and productivity in mind. It comes with noise and vibration damping and is ROPS/FOPS-approved. Large windows maximise visibility to improve safety and minimise site damage. There’s a door on each side of the cabin for optimal ventilation and better communication, and the cab is easy to clean. The operator’s seat features adjustable hydraulic suspension that adds to the driver’s comfort.
You’ll save plenty of money on fuel, with class-leading numbers, thanks to the powerful hydrostatic travel drive, which operates in a closed circuit. On the road to your next job, the TL80 will achieve speeds up to 20 km/h. If you prefer, you can order our high-speed version, which can achieve 36 km/h.
The third-section hydraulics work completely independently of the hydraulics for transmission and can be used to operate the hydraulic quick coupler and common work tools. Use the additional control circuit (fourth section) for operation of special attachments which require hydraulic oil flow. The fourth section is also available with an optional high flow function. In each case, the electrical proportional activation of hydraulic functions is simple thanks to a thumbwheel on the joystick. Fingertip control also allows the operator to regulate the oil flow with real precision, all the way from zero to full.
BRAKE INCHING PEDAL
You can speed up the cycle time of digging and loading operations with the brake inching pedal. This enables you to fine-tune the hydraulic performance of the TL80. The driver can modify the power between the drive and the working hydraulics, slowing down the loader while keeping the engine rpm up. The brake inching pedal also prevents wheel spin and avoids excessive tyre wear.
SmartAssist Remote is Schaeff’s next-generation fleet-management system. It remotely monitors your machinery over the internet, rapidly detecting issues and notifying us of maintenance timings. So you get the quality support and service you need to maximise productivity. You get real-time information and the ability to monitor and manage machines remotely over a PC or smartphone.
- Front and rear axle 36 kph incl. plate light
- Z-Kinematics (attachments on request)
- 4th control circuit, electro-proportional control and installation on lift frame incl. couplings and continuous operation
- 4th control circuit, single-acting, electro-proportional control with pressureless return and installation at rear-end
- Hydraulic installation, hydraulic quick-attach system with two-hand operation
- Biodegradable hydraulic oil / ester-based HLP 68 (Panolin)
- Low-temperature package fluids
- Pressure relief valve for 3rd control circuit
- Throttle, adjustable, for lift or tilt cylinders
- Open return, on lift frame
- Hydraulic outlet for front hand-held hammer, with flow divider
- Travel ride control
- Couplings, 3rd control circuit (Flat-Star)
- LED working floodlight, rear (2 pieces)
- LED Rotating beacon, yellow
- Rotating beacon, yellow
- Manual throttle, with transmission deactivated
- Speed reduction kit
- Reversing camera, color monitor
- Retrofit kit for road homologation Italy, lifting frame support, license plate light (double row), beacon (yellow), wiring harness (Option1)
- Option package Premium
- Sliding window on right hand side
- Option package Comfort
- MSG 85 comfort seat
- MSG 95 Premium seat
- MP3 Radio
- Headrest suitable for comfort and premium version
- Arm rest, left, for driver’s seat
- Outside rear-view mirror, heatable
- Engine-independent diesel heater with fresh air circulation
- FOPS retrofit kit (skylight guard) with CE certificate
- Seat belt lock with safety device
- Lap belt, 76 mm wide
- Pollen filter
- Additional cab insulation and heating
- Sun-blind, front windshield
- Central lubrication system (Lincoln)
- Lifting certificate
- Option package Safety
- Back-up alarm for reverse travel
- Lift frame support, for transport position and lock (Italy)
- Fire extinguisher, ABC powder, 2 kg, mounted in the cab
- First aid box, with holder
- Fork rake support
- Safety valves for lift and tilt cylinders
- License plate illumination (for 20 kph)
- Load warning device, visual and acoustic
- Guard for front window
- Safety decals, StVZO, red/white
- Safety decals for loading buckets
- Safety stripes red-white for teeth guard (bucket)
- Warning decals “road travel”
- Anti-theft device, coded key
- Immobilizer, electronic, keypad operation
- Semi-automatic bucket return positioner incl. lift height limitation
- Electrical refueling pump, cpl. with mounting kit
- Cooling water preheating, thermostat, 120 volt
- Automatic Engine Shutdown
- Warning triangle
- Safety air filter (active coal) in the cabin
- Turbo II prefilter
- “TÜV” approval (Germany)
- Provision of general operating license
- Special tires
- Special paint